By Claus Sluter (Haarlem ca. 1350 ? Dijon 1406) and Claux de Werve (Haarlem ? ca. 1368 ? Dijon 1439).
H: 61 cm.
Origin: Dijon (21), former Chartreuse de Champmol.
Dijon Museum of Archaeology. © F. Perrodin.
This remarkable sculpture was part of an ambitious composition that decorated the "Moses" mine. Placed on a pedestal, the Calvary was composed of an enormous cross bearing Christ in agony.