The Alesia Museum was laid out by the Semur Society of Sciences in 1910 and holds mementos of the Siege of 52 BC, as well as items of architecture, many sculptures and a very rich collection of objects from daily life found in the excavations of the Gallic-Roman town. MUSEUM CLOSED. The new Alesia Museum-cum-Park Archeological Museum will open to the public in 2011.
The rich and varied collections all come from the Alesia site. They trace its history from the famous siege of 52 BC until the start of the Middle Ages. The Gallic-Roman period is particularly well represented. A renewal of the display was started in 2002 and is continuing.